Be Brave...

onsdag 23 maj 2012


Hello and happy wednesday!!
You do not know how long I've struggled with this card, for several days, and still I am not happy with it.


First I stamped and painted the shoe with distress markers, and made ​​a card.
But I did not think it was good, so I cut out the shoe and started again from scratch.


This time I covered the shoe with Glossy Accents for a coated look, and the wings got a lot of glitter, too.
I wanted the card would have a combined feeling of punk and 1920's. A little tough and cheeky, yet have a simple elegance.


I used stamps from Creative Expressions Steampunk Shoes.
The background paper I made by using Distress Inks, masks and some stamps.
Accessories: wrinkled ribbon, lace, brad, pearl swirl, flowers, metal buckle, tulle.
That´s all from me today.
Thank you so much for stopping by, have a great day!
Hugs, Birgit

Entered Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday - A Touch of Sparkle
Frilly and Funkie - Stencils & Masks
The Sweet Stop - I used the Sketch + Ruffles
Everybody Art Challenge - Laces and Shapes
J&C Creations - All That Glitters


8 kommentarer:

Marjie Kemper sa...

Wow! That is one KILLER shoe!!! Love the card... so unusual and definitely frilly and funkie... thanks for joining us in the stencil and mask challenge!

Cathymac sa...

The eclectic combination of elements on your card is both unique and creative, pinky and elegant! Love the collage look of the background and the glitz on the shoe! The flowers and ruffles add a touch of elegance to the card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week, Birgit! Hope you'll join us again!

Tedz sa...

Wow, what a shoe!! Fab creation, I like it very much. Thank you for entering our first J&C Creations Challenge. Lots of luck, Pauline

Anonym sa...

Fab card Birgit, that shoe is amazing ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

Teresa Kline sa...

I think it is awesome, great sentiment too....we are our own worst critics...it is amazing, you are super talented....hope you have a wonderful day!

Monika/Buzsy sa...

Fabulous card Birgit. What a great take on the sketch. Love the shoe! Fabulous colors and embellishments! Love the ruffled ribbon piece and the ribbon. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Terry sa...

Oh be happy with this fabulous card! That shoe and the background are awesome! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie!

Tammy Roberts sa...

Love that shoe! Awesome card... thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Frilly and Funkie!

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS